About the Team & Service
Meet the Health & Wellbeing Team
Health & Wellbeing Director
The Health & Wellbeing team is supported by a passionate group of talented beneficiary volunteers. They also work closely with NAC members of the Trust’s Health & Wellbeing Committee.
How the team can help you
What does the Health & Wellbeing team do?
The Health & Wellbeing Team exists to provide support, advice and information to beneficiaries who need it - on any issues that affect your health and wellbeing.
Within the team there is a wide range of practical knowledge, skills and experience, combined with a lot of empathy and care, which means we are able to help you with your questions across a wide range of subjects. If we don’t know the answer to your query, we will undertake research on your behalf, or help you find someone who does.
What sort of help can I get from the Health & Wellbeing team?
You can ask for help from the team for absolutely anything that affects how you live your life. We provide confidential, non-judgemental support across all areas including:
- Advice and support with your benefits – such as PIP and ESA
- Help with health problems - answering your questions and ensuring you get the best possible support from your GP and when necessary a referral to a specialist who is experienced in dealing with thalidomide affected bodies.
- Advice and help to make changes to protect your health - such as weight loss, exercise, alcohol and substance use.
- Help to live well at home, including identifying aids and adaptations that enable you to give your body a break and keep well for longer.
- Advice about wheelchairs and adapted vehicles to help you maintain your mobility and independence.
- Help to access social care and support to ensure that the care you receive is high quality and appropriate for your needs.
- Information about specialist agencies who may be able to help you with a particular issue - assisting you to make sure you get the service you need.
- Support with your family and relationship issues.
- We also offer emotional support and a listening ear when things get tough and you just want to talk.
The Health & Wellbeing team is also responsible for:
- Providing long term support to beneficiaries with the most complex needs
- Ensuring the HNA process is planned and delivered
- Developing and supporting volunteers to assist their fellow beneficiaries
- Monitoring trends and emerging issues amongst beneficiaries
- Ensuring the Trust complies with its Safeguarding responsibilities
- Working with Trustees and the National Advisory Council (NAC) to ensure Health & Wellbeing issues are appropriately considered
- Commissioning research that increases understanding and awareness of beneficiaries’ needs
- Developing resources such as factsheets, information packs and guides to common health & wellbeing issues
- Creating and updating health and wellbeing information for the Trust website.
Contact the team
The Health & Wellbeing Team is here to help and we love to hear from you. You can get in touch with us by calling us on 01480 474074 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everything you share with us is completely confidential within the Trust and will not be shared with anyone else without your express permission. We only ever share your information if we feel that you or someone else is at risk of harm and are required to share relevant details in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy. You can read more about confidentiality in our Confidentiality Factsheet.